Cats are notoriously difficult to train, so if you’ve found yourself with a cat that refuses to stop peeing on the carpet or floor then don’t worry. There are many ways in which you can try to get your cat to stop urinating outside of the litter box. One way is by trying different types of litter boxes for your cat. Cats are picky creatures and some prefer certain scents over others, while others like a large amount of space inside their litter box. Another solution would be using deterrents such as motion-activated sprinklers, putting unpleasant smells near the area where they tend to go when they’re not supposed to, or even sprinkling cayenne pepper around the area where they’ve been going off-limits!
- Clean up any urine as soon as you see it
- Keep your cat’s litter box clean and filled with fresh litter
- Provide a variety of different types of food for your cat to eat
- Give your cat enough attention, including playing with them on a regular basis
- If possible, give your cat an outdoor area in which they can roam freely without the fear of being attacked by other animals or people
- Invest in a high-quality scratching post for cats – this will provide them with something to scratch that won’t damage furniture or walls like their nails might do when they are left alone inside the house all day long